Sunday, August 23, 2009

This dress

I love this dress! It's on my crafting list to recreate it. Sophia called Clara the German Maid all day, maybe that's why I like it. I have pictures of Sophia in it as well, but they are still packed away. I think my mom made it, because there is no tag, but there are a couple of things that suggest it might be store bought. I don't think my mom would have had a serger like machine (did they even have those 40 years ago?), and the seams are all serged. Maybe she did. I found it in a box one year when I went home and figured it would fit Sophia at the time. It's the perfect spinning dress, with the skirt being really gathered and the bodice has darts in it so it doesn't seem so boxy. The gathered cuffs (can you call it that?) are a great look too. The sad thing is, it is falling apart a bit and I don't think I can fix it to have it last much longer. Therefore, I'm going to attempt laying it out and creating a pattern from it. Right now I'm in search of the perfect print for the fabric. Something vintage looking, similar to this one. And then there is the ric rac...I love the look!

2 comments:

  1. I love this dress! It shouldn't be too hard to make a pattern. If you want there is a pattern in one of the books -- Simplicity 4337. I made it for Karissa and it wasn't too bad. All you would need to do is shorten the skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My talented friends. Beautiful work, as always.

    I am LOVING my pillows! They are perfect. Thank you again.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...