Monday, September 7, 2009

Dress pattern

I'm still tempted by this Oliver & S pattern for their fall line, especially after seeing the long sleeved version. However, the short sleeved version just isn't quite what I had in mind for a school uniform dress for Sophia. These two dresses are more like that. I've pictured a little more fitted, less skirt and buttons all the way down and these kind of fit that bill, don't you think? I found them, thanks to Valerie (speaking of Val, check out the little green kimono type shirt I made for her little guy to go over his post surgery days with bulky wrappings...I put in way too much time with way too many little details, but it was way too much fun--I just forgot to take pictures of all of those details), over at the to-drool-over site of Chasing Fireflies. The drooling factor is slightly diminished by the price tag factor though and the thought that I can easily (ok, almost easily) make any of those dresses makes me want to try (just look at the christening dresses and you will see one that slightly looks like the one that I made for Clara, which made me happy because I designed mine without having seen that one). They are pretty classy looking clothes though. That being said, I can't find a single pattern for a "shirt dress" or "safari dress", which I've seen these types of dresses called. Any suggestions?


I really like this one the best, it just has to be in all navy, so sad, because I can think of so many cuter combinations of fabrics than plain navy blue.

1 comment:

  1. Love that dress. Still trying to figure out a possible road trip sans kids time.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...