Wednesday, February 3, 2010

January Crafting

Not much crafting going on here this past month. Not quite sure why. Maybe it's just that December was very full of crafting and I kind of got a little burnt out. I have done some mending and trying to tackle that pile of things. I've also been trying to organize my pictures and learn the ins and outs of Quicken. Nothing too exciting, really. However, I do have some Valentine's Day crafting lined up and am thinking about Easter Dresses already. Oh and I'm already thinking about this year's Christmas projects. One of the ones I have in mind requires seasonal fabric, so I have plans to catch the sales after each holiday/season. That being said, here is one of the projects I started/tried out and have plans to make a couple of more for the girls using these two patterns: flower clip and the rose clip (they are 2 different tutorials).
This one falls under the mending category. Clara tried out the stroller herself one too many times and the flimsy polyester just didn't hold up, so a repair was called for. I gave her the choice of paisley or stripes and she chose the paisley. I also made a little pocket to hang on the back, made out of the stripe.
I just unpicked the old one, making sure to put the binding and such in seperate piles for back and bottom, used the old pieces for a pattern, cut out the new one and used the same binding and all for the new one, this time reinforcing it a little bit more. I really like this one much better. It's much cuter, if I do say so myself.
Finally, here is a picture of the girls in their matching Christmas pajamas and the coordinating pjs for their dolls.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...