Saturday, May 1, 2010

From pillows to outfits

I stopped in at our local Hobby Lobby the other day and saw/fell in love with this fabric (It's a Brother and Sister Designs, but I couldn't find a link to it on the web). I thought I could make it work as pillows. I've been trying to figure out how to work in green with my blue/brown color scheme for our living room and thought these fabrics would work. And I thought the one would make a cute skirt, so I picked up a little extra and some ribbon to do a lazy day skirt. I brought the fabric home and didn't like the living room pillow idea. The green was just off--I'm going more for a mossy/fern/grass green and less yellow green. But I still loved the fabric, so what to do? Outfits for my favorite girls of course. I had 2 cuts of 1/2 a yard (Clara's shirt and Sophia's skirt) and a yard of the other(Sophia's shirt and Clara's skirt). I had bought a spool of ribbon so I had plenty of that as well. I went with the lazy day skirt idea and the simple dress/shirt pattern. Originally I had planned on putting the ribbon on the bottom of the shirts as well, but they belled out too much and it looked kind of funny. For Clara's shirt, I've gone back and put a ruffle on for a little more length. I should have cut it out longer. I then used the extra ribbon for headbands. Can I just say, I really like these outfits?

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty.
    I was _this_ close to finishing the Easter dresses in time. Just out of elastic, so why finish that step...

    and still not done.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...