Monday, July 26, 2010

The Cleaning Process

Remember these beauties? Well they are now laundered and much prettier with some of the grime of years past removed. I had to put up a make shift clothes line on our deck to sun/air dry them out and hopefully get out some of the stains that didn't come out in the soaking or washing. It worked rather well. Sophia had to be my little wind fairy and catch the ones that blew off. She took a book and sat out there about for over an hour. Once they got dry enough they would start to blow off the line so she would rush over and put it back on.
I have now pulled out 8 of them that I want to have framed and hang on the girls wall. The rest I'm going to use to make kind of a valance at the top of the curtains for the girls room and some I'm just going to randomly sew onto the all white shear curtains. The ones that are left over from that will become blankets for the dolls, I think.
Lately I've been staying up working on some wool felt Christmas ornaments. Just simple wool felt and embroidery, but finishing something so quickly gives me a lot of satisfaction. Next on my list, a couple of outfits for Sophia. We reached the end of the hand-me-down box and she needs some clothes. I also finished a recreation of this dress, which I think turned out really cute. As soon as I get a picture of it, I'll put it up.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...