Monday, June 11, 2012

My Outdoor Creations

Most of my creating is going on outdoors these days.  Summer is in full bloom here in the South and we are trying to make the most of it.  This is our humble first attempt at a garden.  So far we have harvested a couple radishes (before it got too warm for them), tons of lettuce, Spring mix and spinach (top left corner of the box--really needs harvesting again) and a couple of carrots that I pulled to thin them out (they were tiny).  Still waiting to see how the rest turns out.  I think the cucumbers and onions will be successful.  The only real failure is in getting some peppers to grow.  After trying twice with one packet of seeds, I went and bought a new packet.  Keeping my fingers crossed.
 Cucumber Blossom
 Ripening tomatoes
Alien Face aka Pea Blossom

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...