I originally blogged about this dress a couple of weeks ago here, but didn't have any close ups of the details. I retell the story again, since I'm using this for the third week of Project Run and Play.
I started out with 2 shirts of mine that were really comfortable, but had kind of gotten wonky in the couple of years I have had them. Since they were still comfortable I decided to turn them into a dress for my daughter.
I started by using one of her shirts to use as a pattern.
Then I cut up the pieces and figured out the placements. I changed it from this picture a little by not putting the bottom red ruffle on and adding a little more gray onto the final gray piece.
Here's the final look. She says it is super comfortable.