Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Enticing Spring

Have you even had the feeling that you aren't really in control of your life, because there are so many external factors that are? Well that's how I feel right now...and when I start to feel that way, I start to find ways to 'change' things that I can control, like decorating. Plus this winter just seems to be dragging by...so when I was in JoAnn's the other day to pick up that ONE zipper and nothing else, I saw that home dec fabric was 50% off and I had a 15% off total purchase coupon. I found myself being drawn to these bright and sunny patterns/colors. I picked up $25 worth of fabric and made my living room "look like Spring", according to my daughter.
I just took the fabric that I had picked up (guessing really how much I would need when I bought it, but ended up with 1 yard each of the 2 florals and 1/2 a yard each of the yellow geometric and blue/green used for the pillow in the middle) and managed to get 7 slip covered pillows and one little curtain. The big pillow on the right is one I already had and it kind of matches.
 And now I have a reason to smile when I walk in my living room.
 I think I'm going to paint the walls a pale blue next. My dream would be to recover that ugly but with oh so great lines sofa (we inherited it when we bought our house) in a dove grey. 

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I love how sunshiney the prints are! That being said, I'd love to know how you keep the pillows off the floor though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very fun! Love the colors! Inspires me to make some new covers. Right after I get through the next three quilts;-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...